Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Second Coming of Musleh Mauod

One of the questions that our Ahmadi friends generally ask is this: Is there any Prophecy by an Ahmadiyya Khalifa regarding the coming of a divinely raised, spiritual personage in the Community? 

The answer is a resounding YES!

Hadhrat Mirza Basheeruddin Mahmud Ahmad (r.a) (1889-1965) was not just the Second Khalifa of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. He was also, he claimed, the Musleh Maoud as prophesied by Hadhrat Ahmad (as). He officially stated in a meeting at Hoshiarpur on the 20th February 1944:

I do not say that I am the only Promised One and that no other promise one will appear till the Day of Judgement. It appears from the prophecies of the Promised Messiah that some other promised ones will also come and some of them will appear after centuries. Indeed, God has told me that at one time He will send me a second time to the world and I will come for the reform of the world at a time when association with God will have become widespread. This means that my soul will, at some time, descend upon someone who will possess faculties and capacities like mine and he will, following in my footsteps, bring about a reform of the world. Thus, promised ones will appear in their due times according to the promise of God Almighty.” (Ref: Ahmadiyyat, the Renaissance of Islam by Sir Zafrullah Khan p.293-294)

Hadhrat Munir Ahmad Azim Sahib, the Divinely-raised Massih of Allah in the new Century of Islam, states:

I have come, both as a spiritual son of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and as a spiritual son of the Promised Messiah (upon him be peace) and Allah did called me Musleh Maoud on the 20th February 2004. Allah promised me also that He shall elevate my honour stage by stage (step by step) and from being a Qamaram Munira, he elevated me as Khawja Nooruddin, Amir’ul Momeneen, Muhyi-ud-Din, Muslih-ud-Din, Khalifatullah, Rassoolullah (like published on Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam website) and Nabi’ullah all of these titles and honour pertaining to one fundamental task – not to fight with others about the honours which Allah has poured down upon this humble self and to justify myself – but to deliver the message of Allah, to reform the world and make it return back to the worship of Allah (twa) alone, leaving behind their idols.

My task is only like I have received several times throughout these twelve years, as a Bashir, a Nazir and a Mubasshir. I have come to warn. I do not have the power to change hearts. Changing the states of heart belongs only to Allah alone. I have come not as an intellectual but rather as a personification (the second coming) of my beloved master Hazrat Muhammad (peace be upon him) as prophesied in Surah Jumu’ah. I have no extraordinary academic qualifications but it is my Allah my Teacher and Guide. It is Him who has raised me as His humble Messenger and this claim, I do it without any fear, for why fear man when Allah is the One who has raised me and Who is my Guardian”. (Friday sermon of January 21, 2011)

For an illustrative list of Divine Revelations vouchsafed to the Khalifatullah, click here