Wattaquu Yawman-turja ‘uuna fiihi ‘ilaallaah. Summa tuwaffaa kullu nafsim-maa kasabat wa hum laa yuz-lamuun.
“And fear a Day (that is, Qiyamah) when you will be returned to Allah. Then every soul will be compensated for what it earned, and they will not be treated unjustly.”(2: 282).
The word Qiyamah appears 70 times in the Holy Quran. Allah the Almighty has also called it (Qiyamah) by many other names in the Holy Quran and each name shows an aspect of Qiyamah. For example, among others:
1. As-Sa’a (The Appointed Hour)
2. Al-Yaum-ul-Haqq (The Day of Truth, that is, the advent of such a day about which there is no doubt)
3. Al-Yaum-ul-Mal’oom (The Known Hour)
4. Yaum-ul-Aazifa (The Terrifying Day which is approaching),
5. Yaum-un-Assir (The Hard Day),
6. Yaum-un-Azim (The Great Day),
7. Yaum-ul-B’ath (The Day of Resurrection),
8. Yaum-un-Talaaq (The Day of Meeting, that is, meeting with Allah the Almighty),
9. Yaum-ul-Jama (The Day of Assembly),
10. Yaum-ul-Khuruj (The Day of Coming Out, that is, from the tomb)
11. An-Naba-ul-Azim (The Great News).
12. Al-Haqqa (The Inevitable).