Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Poem: The Selfless 'Me'

 

If Dreams are made of Hope,

My heart hankers after the Fulfillment of it all,

Like the Sweetness of the Bee's Honey,

I yearn for the stickiness to the Lord's Glory,



My eye prays for the uncovering of the timeless insight,

The Outer seeking the Inner,

Of Me, I perceive not I or Myself,

But only the meaning to be selfless,


And merging with the One Who is the True Me,

The Most Powerful, Unlimited, and Evergreen Me,

Whose wishes blend with the Inferior me,

To complete the picture of true Union.


If I lose the inferior,

It does not matter,

For my heart has set its eyes on the Forever.


Praise be to the One 

Who carved a piece of Himself, 

breathed into it His Spirit of Life 

and endowed the new creation 

with the Breath of Endless Love.


Praise be to the One 

Whose timeless mercies 

have found the way 

into the world of Men,

To claim Ownership of that Essence,

Which belongs to none but Him.


Glory be to Allah,

The Creator of the Bee and the Flower,

Praise be to Allah,

The Whisperer of Love,

Unto the soul of mankind,


Magnificent is the Light He sends forth,

Purified is this beautified essence,

Who walks in the world,

With the Refreshed Perfume of Islam,

Anointing the Pious with the Oil of Faith,

Dispersing every false illusion,

And bringing mankind to the pinnacle of Allah's Love.


If Dreams are fulfilled prayers,

Let this prayer be the Hope of a blessed Realization,

The Key to an intense success,

Where Islam conquers it all. 

(Insha Allah, Ameen)

 

Tayyeba Nasrine Aliah

07 May 2024