Thursday, May 23, 2024

Poem: 'The True Heirs of David'

  

When Life gives me Blues,

I seek the Bloom of Blood,

Which runs down my veins,

Like a crushing Waterfall,

Overwhelming the Realm of Existence,

With a pure purpose;

 

Like a fragile petal,

I tremble in the Rain,

But when the Spirit of Mighty Love,

Touches my eyelids,

I feel reinvigorated like an

Unbreakable Wall,

Ready for the missiles on my way;

 


I am the Muslim,

I am the Servant of Allah,

I am the True Islam

In me, you will see Palestine Growing;

 

The True Heirs of David,

Will take over the thrones of both this world and the Hereafter,

They are neither callous,

Nor power-thirst,

But they are ever submissive to the Will of the Unique God Whose power,

And Will can change the surface of the Earth

And Firmament in a single breath ;

 

I am from Al-Azim,

I am from Almighty Allah,

I am Palestine,

And its Hope,

I am the fresh breeze of a new Era,

The era of the Victory of Islam in the World;

 

I am the Servant of Allah,

I belong to neither East nor West,

Neither North nor South,

 

When I come,

I strike with Allah's Will,

And the Hardened Hearts

Become Soft anew,

A softness of devotion and humility,

Which consumes hypocrisy, lies and the vain things of existence,

When true Existence becomes apparent,

Life becomes worthwhile;

 

The Blood of Divine Life will take over the World,

And my sadnesses will disappear,

Hang on O Muslims,

Hang on O Palestine,

For your Saviour Has come!

 **************


---Tayyeba Nasrine Aliah

22 May 2024