Friday, May 12, 2023

Poem: 'When the Ocean Calls'

 


When the Ocean calls me in its deep waters,

In it I find the Arms of my Lord inviting me 

To the unknown places of the Known Kingdom,


He is the King and I am His Subject,

Yet He raised me up high to the Pleiades of His pleasure,

And made me a Prince of peace,




Though I am not His Son,

But He is etched in me like a fiery essence of Love and Light,

Guiding my every step to fulfilment,

He is my Port of Call, my Haven and Heaven,


In Him I derive my pleasure,

In sleep and wakefulness,

In every corner of my existence,

I find Him and none but Him,


It seems that I no longer exist,

I am but a mirror of His existence,

I am an oracle of His Words,

Repeating His Call to all and sundry,

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry,

And merry in His Kingdom,


Such a realm of boundless pleasure,

Which no evil can ever mar,

For when the King has thundered His Creation with His Call,

No one can ever truly remain deaf to this Call,


All the creatures will come,

From every nook and corner,

And render homage to Him,

The Absolute Truth.

 

O senseless hypocrite,

O spineless disbeliever,

Remain not far away from the flicker of this Light,

Which will bound to overpower you,

Refuse not to submit,

For the black hole will exterminate you,

No trace of you,

No memory of you,

You will be among the lost people,

Forgotten and unblessed,


If one single chance you get to reform,

Seize it and marvel in the blessings of the Lord Most High,

Who has overpowered His servants and saved them from themselves,

And made them pure again to live a hereafter in Islam,


If such boon they do get,

Then assured is for them the love of Allah and His forgiveness,

And the longing for the Divine Face which they will get to see,

In the Splendour of His Approval. (Insha-Allah) 


[--- A Divinely-inspired message in poetic form written by our beloved Imam- Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam Hazrat Muhyiuddin Al Khalifatullah Munir Ahmad Azim (aba) of Mauritius on Thursday, 11 May 2023.]