Thursday, December 30, 2021

Divine Signs: A Memoir

 

[The world of Islam earnestly hopes for the advent of a Divine Elect in the End Times- the Days of Satanic Mischief. All Muslims agree that Allah (swt), in His infinite Wisdom and Mercy for mankind, could and would raise a Khalifatullah to reinforce His original message taught through countless Prophets in the past. Just like the arrival of an Elect of God in the person of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) of Qadian (1835-1908) rejuvenated the ranks of the Muslims in the last century, Islam as taught by the Holy Prophet (sa) and his spiritual Khulafa over the previous centuries also calls for spiritual renewal in the present century. Indeed, it is this pious spiritual hope of Islam that is redeemed through the Divine Manifestation in Mauritius- the advent of a Divine Elect- Hazrat Munir Ahmad Azim Saheb (aba) of Mauritius- in the beginning years of the new millennium- 2000-01, Alhamdulillah, Summa Alhamdulillah.  


Whenever a servant of the Gracious Lord appears on the spiritual horizon, there are the Signs that clearly point to such a Divine appointment- a study of which will certainly strengthen the faith of the believer, and plausibly benefit the people in general, if truth is indeed what they are seeking when they study these Divine Signs. Speaking about the Signs of an Elect of God or the advent of a Divine Manifestation among the people in a new era, Hazrat Massih Maoud (as) made certain prescient observations in one of his books on the larger theme: 


“...when the Imam of the age appears in the world, thousands upon thousands of lights accompany him and heaven is filled with joy. With the dissemination of spirituality and light, the right potentialities become alive. Anyone who has the capacity begins to experience a series of revelations. And anyone who has the capacity to pronounce judgement in matters of faith by the use of reason and reflection, his ability is enhanced. Anyone who has the inclination towards prayers is granted pleasure in his worship. Anyone who is engaged in debates with other faiths is given the power to argue and arrive at incontrovertible conclusions. All these blessings are in fact the outcome of the spiritual radiation which comes with the Imam of the age and descends upon the heart of every ready and eager person. This is a general law and a Divine practice, to which we have been guided by the Holy Quran and authentic Hadith, and our personal experience have testified to it. 

The age of the Promised Messiah(as), however, has even greater distinction in that it is recorded in the books of earlier Prophets and Hadith of the Holy Prophet(sa) that, at the time of his advent, this radiation of spirituality will become so universal that women too will begin to receive revelations, minors will make prophecies, and ordinary people will be inspired by the Holy Spirit. All this will be a reflection of the spirituality of the Promised Messiah(as)... all revelational light is a reflection of the light of the Imam of the age...”  [Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian, Darurat-ul-Imam: The need for the Imam, pp.6-7,  English edn; London: Islam International Publications Ltd, (2007).

 

Divine Signs in the Present Era 

Most people today are ignorant of the status and rank of a Divine Elect among them. It is only by studying the Signs of the Divine Manifestation that people can transition from their darkness of ignorance to the light of knowledge and self-awareness. With the advent of the Divine Manifestation in Mauritius in the early years of the present century 2001-02, people who assembled within the circle of Divine mercy by showing allegiance to the Imam of the age Hazrat Muhyiuddin Munir A. Azim Saheb, reported many mystical experiences that profoundly testify to the veracity of the principles chronicled by the Promised messiah (as) in the previous era concerning the appearance of the Imam of the Age, and the Signs attached to it: the descent of revelations, and pious dreams and visions of women and young people.  For instance, Mukarram Zafrullah Domun Saheb wrote as early as 23 November 2005: 


“By the Grace of Almighty Allah there are some other divine manifestations that I would like to mention here. We have amongst us two girls below 12 years old who from time to time receive some messages from Allah. We also have a young unmarried woman who regularly receives poems about Allah and some other religious topics. These revelations have such depth of meaning that very few persons can understand them. Furthermore we also have a married woman who receives plenty of messages and true dreams from Allah. And to crown it all, regularly from the palms of the hands of Hazrat Amirul Mo’meneen Mohyiuddin oozes a perfume that has been witnessed by foes and friends alike. Of course this does not happen at his will but it is just a manifestation of Allah's Will.”  (Testimonial Declaration of 23 November 2005) 


In this context, to benefit our readers to know more about the Signs of Allah in our times, reproduced below is the extracts from a Speech by Hazrat Tayyibah Shaheedah Aliah Nasrine Saheba at the Mauritius National Jalsa on 11 December 2021~ 07 Jamadi’ul Awwal 1443 AH elucidating ‘on the Signs of the Divine Manifestation from a Personal Perspective’ ]: 


Alhamdulillah, Summa Alhamdulillah, though being someone filled with weaknesses and an unworthy person, but Allah chose this humble self to form part of the first believers of the Divine Manifestation of this age. It was like I was dead and I came to life again to live in the pleasure of Allah, and striving hard to bring the Divine Manifestation of this age under the guidance of Allah and His Khalifatullah Hazrat Munir Ahmad Azim (atba) to new heights of progress.


When I was first informed about the Divine Manifestation of this era from Hazrat Khalifatullah and my parents, Allah made it so that His signs and revelations become etched in my heart and I was eager to follow the righteous path of Allah, leading to Allah. But being under the guardianship of my parents, I could not do anything until and unless my parents take the step forward to form part of the Divine Manifestation of this age. 


When my parents decided for the first time to join the ranks of the Divine Manifestation officially [because unofficially we were already like a family with Hazrat Khalifatullah and family and believing in the divine revelations received since the year 2000-2001], by attending the Jummah at the then Mukarram Zafrullah Domun Sahib’s house on the 03 May 2002, I was eager to attend it also, but I was advised to wait a little for they will go first and then in the forthcoming Jummahs take the children with them. I patiently waited for the moment that I will be allowed to go and Alhamdulillah, on Friday 07 June 2002 I got the blessed opportunity to go for Jummah, and Hazrat Khalifatullah did his sermon on the subject of Taubah. The first believers at Pailles were very happy to see me, and I was welcomed warmly by Mukarram Zafrullah Domun Sahib and family and I was gifted a small bottle of perfume, which I then gifted to my little sister Khadtija out of happiness when she later on joined the Divine Manifestation. We were never forced to join the Divine Manifestation ever. My parents granted us the freedom to choose our own path in spirituality and I seized this blessed opportunity by the grace of Allah.

 

Then came, the beautiful dreams, visions, inspirations and revelations from Allah for which I am still recipient till today [by His immense grace] and I thank Allah for them all. Being the recipient of such blessings, it was my duty to inform the Khalifatullah about them – most of them, and I was only relieved and happy when Allah and His Khalifatullah confirmed that those visions, inspirations and revelations came from Allah the Most High.

 

Our home received many blessings, one of which is divine revelations and the duahs of the Khalifatullah. The Khalifatullah prayed for the construction of our house, and Alhamdulillah, despite not having the means at the time, Allah opened the way to my mother Hazrat Ummul Mumineen Sadr Sahiba Fazli Amena to add a storey to our home. The frequent visit of Hazrat Muhyiuddin brought many such kinds of blessings and miracles in our lives. 


Once, in the year 2001, in December 2001, my mother advised me and my sister Khadtija to do the spiritual retreat [Itikaf] in the last days of Ramadan of that year. I was not then familiar with what an Itikaf entails, and when my mother explained to me that I have to stay in Zikrullah for ten long days and nights to seek the Laila-tul-Qadr, I was very unsure of staying such long hours in Zikrullah, and felt that spiritual exercise like somewhat of a burden, because I did not know that I could spend such days and nights, one after the other in pure Ibaadat of my Creator. So, when the time came to go for Itikaf, I was still very unsure, and on the eve I prayed a lot to Allah seeking guidance on lots of subject matters of my life, including the issue of Itikaf which I was unsure of carrying out in a good way. 


That very early morning [as long as I can recall it was either on the eve of going for Itikaf or that very morning – before going into retreat], when my mother woke me up to go for Itikaf and for prayer, she shook me out of sleep and I was fully awake but kept my eyes closed, and suddenly out of the blue, I hear a beautiful voice telling me at supersonic speed [few seconds only] the following message: Pas gagne peur, Mo pou resolve iniquité tous to bane problems” (Creole), and then I saw the same message as received in voice form on a board, or screen. I was so surprised, shocked that Allah personally talked to me. This was the very first time that Allah addressed me this way. This message mean: “Don’t worry, I will solve all your problems wherever they are injustices [iniquities].” I was elated, so very happy and also curious, as I have never heard the word “iniquité [iniquity]” before. So, I rushed out of bed, and went to take a French dictionary and read the following meaning of the word: “Caractère de ceux qui sont injustes”. [Those who are unjust/ extreme injustice]. I was baffled because this is a word I never heard before. One new word was added to my knowledge by Allah, and there and then without any fear or any doubt, I made up my mind to go for Itikaf. My little sister Khadtija and little cousin, Wajiha also stayed Itikaf along with me that year. I stayed Itikaf from 06-16 December 2001, and witnessed many good dreams and from the 12th to the 13th December I witnessed wonderful lights in the sky, and I was for the first time spiritually inspired to write my first poem on the appearance of these beautiful lights. We then celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr on the 17th December 2001.

 

During our Itikaf, my mother as well as Hazrat Ummul Mumineen Nasira Beebee sent delicious food for us. Our other family members did so also. Hazrat Khalifatullah prayed  a lot for us. Alhamdulillah.

 

In the realm of spirituality, I was clueless, and could not read the Arabic portion of the Quran, ever. It was always a struggle for me to do so. Even in my Arabic classes in College, it was kind of a headache as I could not ever put two words together and pronounce the words correctly much less write it in Arabic. I always failed my Arabic exams, or passed on borderline. Even when one of my Ahmadi neighbours taught me and my sister Quran, I could not grasp it well and got much difficulty in joining the words and reading the Quran in a beautiful way. But with the divine manifestation, with my first Itikaf, I got the blessing of starting and finishing the Quran for the first time in French Translation, and Alhamdulillah, Allah opened my way to get a Quran in Creole Translation with transliteration and from then on, being in regular contact with my Quran, I was blessed in a beautiful way to read my Quran in Arabic without the support of transliteration.

 

Now, I want to share with you a dream which also turned my life around in the beginning of the Divine Manifestation. I made that dream during the night or early morning of Thursday 25 April 2002: 


I dreamt that I was in the company of my uncle [maternal aunt’s husband] Mobasshir Domun and other children and adults. We were on an outing to visit some new built buildings. All that we saw were beautiful, beautiful atmosphere, surrounding. Indeed marvellous and peaceful. 


I was admiring the surroundings, that is, all the new buildings which were not yet painted and which did not have window frames [bare buildings] – which were on a height – when suddenly my vision changed and I started seeing everything in black and white. I moreover noticed that when I tried to talk and heard the others talk, all our voices were amplified like echoes. 


When I asked my uncle Mobasshir why was I seeing the world in black and white, he replied to me that only people who receive [divine] revelations who see in black and white.

 

As soon as he said this, I became conscious [state of Kashaf/ Vision] in my sleep and saw that there appeared the name of Allah in Arabic before my eyes/ vision. It was like a paper background which was burning and fading away by a fire which then revealed the beautiful Arabic name of Allah in the background. 

When I told my uncle Mobasshir that I have seen the name of Allah before my eyes, he told me that those who see this [that is, the name of Allah] will go directly to Paradise, and he then mentioned something to that effect and which is found in the Holy Quran.

 

Like this, I received many beautiful dreams which reinforced my faith and trust in Allah and in the truthfulness of His humble servant, Hazrat Munir A. Azim (atba). I dreamt many times of special titles being bestowed to me, and that I was noting down the divine revelations which Hazrat Khalifatullah was receiving and the Messenger of Allah was giving me those copybooks of revelations for safekeeping. Alhamdulillah. 


So, upon witnessing all those dreams and receiving the revelations from Allah that He will care for me [in December 2001], then it was not difficult for me to want to integrate the Divine Manifestation officially, and this happened like I told you on 07 June 2002 when I attended Jummah for the first time after taking this firm decision about my spiritual life.

 

From that moment till now, I was blessed with many other visions and revelations, words about which I had no idea, which I was unaware of. One of those beautiful Kashafs happened during the month of Ramadan in the year 2002 when after retrieving an important revelation in Arabic from the audio cassette, when after I went to sleep, Allah woke my soul in semi-sleep, semi-awake state and He transported my soul [my whole body trembled so much while on bed] at supersonic speed in a very long black tunnel at the end of which I saw a bright light and then released me in the universe which was absolutely stunning, and then I heard Allah telling me: Welcome in My Universe which I have created for Myself [in Creole]. These were indeed life-changing spiritual experiences which reinforced my faith, trust and love for Allah and the Divine Manifestation of this age.

 

When the Jamaat Ahmadiyya Al Mouslemeen was formed – name revealed on the Muhyiuddin in my mother’s house in Quatre-Bornes – I was chosen as one of the teachers of the girls, the Yaqutatil-Farida. We used to go to one of our member’s home to wait for the transport to take us to Pailles, and as that member was quite fond of reading spiritual books, he had quite an elaborate library of the same. Being fond of reading myself, I used to ask his permission if I could take some books, especially on the Sufis’ poems and other spiritual books, and he used to gladly lend me those books. 


By my Rab, my Allah, I swear in the name of Allah, that whenever I used to open those books to read, when I read few lines only, such immense love for Allah gushed forth in my heart that I had to put these books aside and was instantly inspired by Allah and all this love transformed into poems in His praise, and on the Divine Manifestation. It once happened that one of my maternal aunts who was in the Divine Manifestation at the time informed me that this man was blaming me that I was copying in the books that he was lending me and I then used to claim these as divine inspirations. May Allah protect me from such thoughts and deeds! I was utterly shocked that he could have said such words on my person. My aunt moreover informed me that there were some evil talks that I was in the bad company of some bad men [Christians] who are infamous as being in drugs, etc. [So, my character was in other words questioned]. I was absolutely traumatised, shocked, in tears and I used to pray to Allah to prove my innocence for Allah knows that I am not that kind of girl, that I am innocent in His eyes. Later on, Hazrat Muhyiuddin later received divine revelations informing that these were plots by our enemies to defame me and the Divine Manifestation, and that those people whom they were blaming me worked under them to try to harm the progress of the Divine Manifestation and the Jamaat of Allah.

 

Moreover, during the same period [year], that is, during the month of Ramadan [20 October 2004], while doing Zikr, I entered Kashaf state in which I saw all my divine inspirations/ poems which I received at the time [and which was corrected [for grammatical mistakes] by the one who accused me of copying from books] in an envelope and in the hands of the Muhyiuddin and he was brandishing this envelope containing all those poems and saying loud and clear and with full force that there was NO DOUBT in this. [In other words, that all these come from Allah, that I was truly divinely inspired]. 


[On 22 October 2004 in another Kashaf] I then saw before me two hands, one is my own hand on the right, and the other hand was a white and imposing male hand, and I said that this was the hand of Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh), and a voice [Hazrat Muhyiuddin’s voice] informed me that this was indeed the hand of Hazrat Muhammad (pbuh) [“C’est effectivement la main de Hazrat Muhammad (saws)”]. Our two hands were displayed and spread before me and I was his right hand and he was my left hand.

 

I was grateful for this vision and when I informed my mother and the Muhyiuddin, he prayed a lot and Alhamdulillah on Friday 19 November 2004, under divine revelations, he informed the whole Jamaat that I was Tayyeba [title first received on 14 & 15 November 2004], and that I truly receive divine inspirations from Allah and that Allah also gives me words of revelations in some of those poems/ messages. I was truly thankful and blessed that Allah stood up for me and proved my innocence [cleared my name]. 

Thus, in November 2004, I was blessed with the official title of “Tayyiba” which both Hazrat Khalifatullah Munir A. Azim (atba) and Mukarram Zafrullah Domun Sahib received on this humble self.

 

If I have to talk, I think that all pens and paper in the world will finish but those testimonials in favour of the Divine Manifestation of this age will never end as the Signs of Allah are in great number. [May Allah protect me from turning my back against His Signs and Divine Manifestations. Ameen.] 


FULFILMENT OF DREAMS & REVELATIONS

 

Now, I will mention few anecdotes which Allah informed me in my dreams and revealed to me and which were fulfilled ultimately: 

On 01 March 2012 ~ 07 Rabi’ul Aakhir 1433 AH, after a long dream, in which I saw a man instructing something to me. He was big and imposing and was African-looking. He had half of his face painted in black. 

Suddenly, the man started talking to me in Urdu or Arabic and then he talked to me in Creole, as if, while he was addressing me in Arabic, I was instantly getting the Creole translation of what he was saying at the same time, and I then understood that this man was Izra’il, the angel of Death. As soon as he started talking to me, my soul was made to leave dream state into Kashaf [awaken] state. When I was fully conscious that I was on my bed and seeing the vision of the angel of death, I tried to physically open my eyes [physical eyes] and Alhamdulillah, when I opened my eyes half-way, I still saw the angel and I found only his head in my room [in reality – physically] and I think his hand as well. He gave me the following message [in Urdu or Arabic with a Creole Understanding]: “Don’t worry…Salimah… and for the last time Hazrat Aliah!...” I was so surprised that he called me Hazrat Aliah that my concentration was disturbed. His voice was very masculine and loud and clear. When he mentioned “Salimah”, he made me understand that my mother will die like her sister Salimah [My maternal aunt died on 02 March 2001 due to Septicaemia] and he instructed me not to worry.

 

Fulfilment of the Dream/ Revelation: Upon waking up from this dream, I was deeply traumatised as the death of my mother was mentioned, as well as a good news. While I mentioned the good news to my household, I refrained from telling the Khalifatullah or my mother about this dream. I only shared the whole dream with Hazrat Ummul Mumineen Nasira. And I gave some money in Sadqua to ward off the misfortune as announced to me by the angel of death. 

When my maternal aunt Shireen Sahiba fell seriously ill with blood cancer [about which I also dreamt [more precisely, Kashaf] before she was diagnosed with the life-threatening illness] it was my mother who became the perfect match for her for the stem cell transplant. And my family and I accompanied her to the U.K for the procedure and Alhamdulillah, Summa Alhamdulillah, my maternal aunt got two more years to live, but when she ultimately died:

 

1. She DID NOT die of cancer, for the stem cell procedure was successful. As she was very weak due to the multiple chemotherapies, she contracted “Septicemia” just like my aunt Salimah and died due to it, and she died the exact date my aunt Salimah was buried, that is, on the 6th of March [2002/ 2017] 

2. As my aunt Shireen was filled with the stem cells of my mother and received a second lease of life due to this - by the immense grace of Allah - and that the maternal aunt is like the mother [as the Hadith of our beloved prophet (pbuh) teaches us] and at the same time, it was like a part of my mother died and was buried because her stem cells went to my maternal aunt Shireen. 

3. And Alhamdulillah, on 04th April 2013, Hazrat Muhyiuddin Munir Ahmad Azim (atba) received divine revelations just after Azaan for Maghrib prayer and before the prayer, he stood up and announced to us that Allah has revealed the title of “Hazrat” for Tayyiba Aliah Nasrine Sahiba.

 

Thus, the dream of 01 March 2012 was fulfilled partly one year later, and fully five years later with the sad demise of my maternal aunt Shireen Sahiba. Innal-lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raajeeoune.

 

26 March 2013 (Woke up from dream at 03.30am): I dreamt that I was before a closed locked door and there was no key. I felt the presence of Hazrat Khalifatullah and other people behind me and I was praying fervently to Allah for that door to open, so that Allah may show a MIRACLE OF PRAYER. There was nothing in my hand except a tiny bowl-like transparent thing and I was pouring it over the door knob and key hole. There was nothing in the tiny bowl but I trusted Allah that He shall manifest His might and miracle. And verily, just then, out of the blue, I found that while pouring nothingness from out of the little bowl, the emptiness became filled with pollen in the bowl and while pouring the pollen of flowers (resembling pollen of sunflowers), the light of miracle appeared with the appearance of the pollen on the keyhole etc., the door suddenly opened by the grace of Allah, and I heard a voice say: “To pou alle fer Umrah.” (You will go perform Umrah). 


Fulfillment of the Dream/ Revelation: Alhamdulillah, this divine promise was fulfilled on 20 February 2018 when my family and I went to perform Umrah by His immense grace. 

And during the course of our Umrah [2nd Umrah on 21 February 2018], while doing the to and fro between Safa and Marwa, it so happened that I forgot the blue handbag of my mother which was under my responsibility and which contained her money and our passports on either Mount Safa or Mount Marwa. [I am quoting from memory only. I have to contact my written records about where we were exactly when this sign happened]. So, upon forgetting the bag on one of the mounts, upon reaching the second mount, then realisation dawned upon me that I had left that important bag on the other side. I was completely panicked [as I had previously read before coming to Umrah, that there are theft [and other crimes] happening even during the pilgrimage and moreover I feared being reprimanded for my negligence as our important papers were in the bag. I began to run very fast towards the other side, praying fervently to Allah that I may get my bag [my mother’s bag]. I was so very frightened and kept on speeding on the Safa-Marwa track to go to the other mount where I forgot the bag and midway, I suddenly heard a voice saying to me: “Pas gagne peur. Sac là là-bas même. Mo ti nek envie fer toi galouper pareil couma [Hazrat] Hajra ti galouper ! [Fear not. The bag is at the same place. I just wanted to make you run like [Hazrat] Hajra ran.]

 

[I was apprehensive, fearing that this was a manifestation of the nafs [ego] but when I verily went to the mount, the bag was exactly at the same place I left it, and thanked Allah by doing a Sadja in His thanksgiving].

 

Now, one last miracle of prayer for today. At the end of October 2017, after a family dinner from the side of my mother, I felt feverish and ultimately lost my hearing, mostly the left ear. I could not hear properly – if nothing at all – until a miracle of prayer happened about 24 or 25 days later. 

20 November 2017 (Q-Bornes) just before waking up in the morning: I dreamt that a woman was singing: I’M ALIVE! 2. Then I dreamt of praying for a miracle on my ear [hearing] and I saw someone who is the perfect look-alike of my late brother Seid Ahmad [I knew in the dream that it was not my brother], and I saw and felt him from behind me coming to my left ear - the problem ear with which I was not hearing, and he blew (air, his breath) into my ear, then he came in front of me and it was then that I saw that he was exactly in the image of my brother Seid and when he came in front of me, he blew [his breath (air)] on my forehead and then he came to my right side and blew into my right ear. I was so happy that Allah listened to my prayer.

 

Fulfilment of the Dream: That same day [20 November 2017], the Khalifatullah, the two Ummul Muminaat and I went to the Hospital to see the sick nephew of Hazrat Khalifatullah, Zafrullah Auzim and lo and behold, the bed number of Zafrullah Sahib was 21 (the last at the back) and I was standing between the beds No. 20 and 21 when suddenly my problem ear, left ear got unplugged and I could hear properly. After that it was on and off, till my ear was completely cured and normal on 21 November 2017. No hearing problem faced again till today by the immense grace of Allah.

 

I thank you very much for bearing with me with this long discourse, and I humbly request you all to continue to pray for me to remain in Allah’s Pleasure and to continue to serve His cause with devotion until my last breath on earth. Insha-Allah, Ameen.'