Friday, December 24, 2021

Poem: 'The Light of Your Face'

 

It is You who wipe the tears

It is You who change the fears

It is You who walk beside

Where there is none to guide.

And the way is full of beasts

For whom the men are feasts

You give the courage and Will

And that, to Heart's Fill



You take us to the goal

Safe and sound and whole

You are by my side

You are my Help and Guide


In You my wishes abide

In Your dye have l dyed

My honour, my trust, my pride.

You deal with me the way You like


I know I must submit,

But, O my God, my lovely God

You give me patience whenever You hit.

You know my heart and soul are weak

You know my head is hot

You know my views can go astray

"A rebel" can be my every thought


Whatever my wish, whatever my need,

You look at me with lovely grace

I know Your mercy is more than wrath

Be kind, and let me win my race


I look to You for joys of life

Yes, You and none but You alone

How can I think of sorrow and sadness

When the Light of Your Face has shone.


----[Note: Inspired by Divine revelations, these poems were written by Imam-Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam International Hazrat Munir Ahmad Azim (aba) of Mauritius on 19 Jamadi’ul Awwal 1443 AH ~ 23 December 2021.]