Monday, August 30, 2021

Poem: 'If All the Seas Were Ink'

 


If all the seas and all the trees

Were ink and writing pen

And writing was the only business

Of all the women and men

If all the time they thought and wrote

And doubled the seas and trees

The words of Allah would never end

They may write as long as they please.


 



That is my Rab, my beloved God and that is my Help

From Whose fountain I sip

My tongue and pen to speak and write

It’s His Mercy in which I dip.

 

He gives me power to stand and stare

And face the odds of daily life

I do admit the struggles there

But what a joy- there is no strife.

 

My blood and bones and all the flesh

My heart and head and stirring soul

I pray they do their duty well,

To praise Him is their goal.

 

The mighty kings may rule and reign

The land and sea may bend and bow

The hidden secrets of heart's solace

They never can know its why and how.

 

The gold and diamonds may glitter and shine

The spark of wealth may bring a glow

The ray of light that comes from heavens

Is more than all the eyes can know.

 

The wise and sages know what to do

The learned think they know what's living

But sorry to say, their hands are stretched

And the real art of life is giving.

  

I don't know what it is

And how can I?

 

But I hope and I have the right to hope

That it will be bright

Like the bright moon in the darkest night

You know what l mean;

Don't You?

 

It’s Faith, my earnest Faith o

That makes me see

The moments that are yet to be

And throws a flood of light

On the dark canvas of night

- that is tomorrow

And I begin to feel--and hope

Tomorrow will be bright

Am I right ?

 

You care for me the way I don't

You go with me to where I won't

 

You let me have what's good for me

The troubles I bring- You make them flee

 

I doze and sleep, You are fully awake

My heart's solace, from You I take.

 

I ask a little of food, "O Please,

You give me bread and butter and cheese".

 

How kind you are I cannot tell,

You give me things You do not sell

 

The rain is free and free is sunshine

And all the air that I need is mine

 

I run on land and sail on sea

I look to moon, for, there I'll be.

 

O my God, my Loving God

The way the righteous people trod

Let me tread that beautiful way

Let piety make me jolly and gay

 

You take my heart and soul and keep

You throw me up, or down so deep

I do not mind what happens to me

If only once Your face I could see.

___________________________

 

'Be Like Butterflies'

 

God who smiles and gives

And Who comes to whom who waits,

Provided you are good,

Will be happy.

 

The world where everything sparkles

But where nothing is on fire,

Provided you are beautiful,

Will be charmed.

 

My heart, in the amorous shadow

Where two beautiful eyes intoxicate Him,

As long as you are happy

Will be happy.

 

 

Just like butterflies, we also need

Freedom to flap our wings and go

Explore the world.

 

Despite the fact that life is full

of inevitable highs and lows, I

believe that we should keep

moving, keep fighting, keep

dreaming and keep flying.

 

I look up to butterflies for

the incredible way they are

able to make the day of people

by showing them their grace

and prettiness.

Similarly, we should

also be able to show people

how beautiful our hearts are

and how we are marvellously special

in our own kind of way.

 

Just like butterflies embrace their

beauty each and every day, we should

be able to do the same; appreciate that

wonderful person we are, without ever

having the slightest endeavor of

modifying us

 

Butterflies aren't ordinary,

they're precious, the way we all are.

 

I believe that butterflies are

there for a good reason.

They are here to remind us

of our purpose

and that we should always

be open-minded, daring,

courageous and try taking

new paths; and of course,

never be a coward of achieving.


[Note: Revealed Poems of 28-29 August 2021 received by Imam- Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam Hazrat Khalifatullah Al Mahdi Munir Ahmad Azim (aba) Saheb of Mauritius.]