Tuesday, December 1, 2020

'Duah': Invocations to Allah- XXI

Alhamdulillah, Summa Alhamdulillah, I continue, by the grace of Allah, The Possessor of Majesty, Honour and Glory [Dhul Jalali wal Ikram] my 21st and final sermon in this series of sermons centred on duahs. This subject is certainly very vast and we can never stop talking about the subject of duahs; I cannot put before you [in these few sermons] all the duahs that Allah revealed to His Messengers, Messiah and the Khalifatullah of the time.                                 

Rabbi atinee milladunka ansaaran fee deenika wa adh-hib annee huznee wa asli lee shaanee kullahu laa ilaaha illa anta.

O my Lord! Grant me helpers to assist me in Your religion, and take away my worries and make me succeed in my efforts; there is nobody else to help except You.

 

Wamaa taufeeqee illa billaahi, rabbi’an-tiquaa bil-haqqi waksif’-alainal haqqa wahdinaa ilaa haqqin mubeen.

I am not in a position to achieve anything without the favour of Almighty God. O my Lord, help me to speak truth, reveal truth to us and guide us to righteousness.

 

Bismillah-illazi laa yazwurru ma’asmihi shay-unn fil ardzi wa laa fis-samaa’a-ee wa huwa sami’-ul ‘aleem.

In the name of Allah, the name of Whom none in this world and in the heavens can do any harm, and He hears all and knows all.

 

Rabbin surrni ‘alal qawmil-mufsideen.

O my Rab, help me against the people who are creating havoc.

 

Wa laa tousmitbi aduwan wa laa laasedan.

Let not any jealous or enemy humiliate me.

 

Rabbi kullu shay-inn khaadimuka; Rabbi faahfazna wan surna war hamna.

My Rab, all things are Your servant; My Lord protect us and guide us and have pity on us.

 

Yaa Haiyyu, Yaa Qayyuumu bi Rahmatika asta-ghissu inna Rabbi Rabbu-samaawaati wal ardz.

You, the Ever-Living, You the one who exists by Yourself and who makes all exist; I beseech You Help from Your Grace. Surely You are my Rab, surely You alone are the Rab of the heavens and earth.

 

Allahumma munzilal kitaab wa mudjriyas sahaab wa haazimal ahzaab ihzimhim wansurnaa ‘alayhim.

O Allah, You Who have sent down the Book, Who makes the clouds move and Who makes troupes scatter; scatter them (mention the name of our opponents) and help us against them.

 

Allahumma inni a’uzubika min jahdil balaa-i, wa darkish-shiquaa-i, wa suu-il qazwaa-i, wa shamaa tatil a’daaa-i.

O Allah, I seek refuge with You against difficulties, against evils and against wrong judgements and the rejoice of the enemies.

 

Hasbiyallahu liddeeni, hasbiyallahu limaa ahammani, hasbiyallahu limann baghi’a alayya, hasbiyallahu limann hasadanee, hasbiyallahu limann kaadanee bissuu-in.

Allah suffices for me for my religion. Allah suffices for me against that which torments me. Allah suffices for me against the one who oppresses me. Allah suffices for me against the one who envies me. Allah suffices for me against the one who prepares a ruse against me.

 

Allahumma anta a’zwuudi wa nasweeri bika anhuulu wa bika ass-wuulu wa bika uqaatilu.

O Allah, You are my Arm (my Support) and my Help and I roam freely due to Your help, I attack by Your help, and I face (the enemy) with Your help.

 

Fa ‘ithas tawaita anata waman ma’aka alal fulki fa quill hamdu lillaahil lazi najjaanaa minal qawmiz-zaalimin wa qul: Rabbi ‘anzilnee munzalam mubaarakan wa anta khairul munzileen.

And when you have embarked on the Ark – you and those with you – say: “Praise be to Allah Who has saved us from the people who do wrong.” And say: “My Lord, enable me to disembark with Your blessing, for You are the best to enable us to disembark.”

 

Laa ilaaha illallahul-Haleemul-Kareem. Subhaanallahi Rabbil-‘arshi ‘azim. Al-hamdulillah Rabbil-‘alameen. As-‘aluka mujibati rahmatika, wa ‘aza-ima maghfiratika wal ismata min kulli thanbin, wal ghaneemata min kuli birrin, was-salamata min kulli ithmin. La tada’ li dhanban illa ghafartahu, wala hamman illa farajtahu, wala hajatan hiya laka ridan illa qadaytaha ya Arhamar-Rahimeen.

There is no deity besides Allah, the Most Forbearing and Kind, Who is unblemished and Lord of the Great Throne. So praise be to Allah, the Cherisher of the worlds – I do seek all causes of the grant of Your mercy and forgiveness and I do seek thorough escape from sin, a full share of virtuous deeds and complete safety from inequity. (O Allah) let not a single sin of mine be left out from being forgiven, nor worry and pain from being relieved, nor need which is agreeable to You from being fulfilled, O You, the Most Merciful of the merciful.

 

Allahumma maghfiratuka au-sa’u min thunuubee wa Rahmatuka arjaa indee min amalee.

O Allah, Your forgiveness is far more extensive than my sins and Your forgiveness is far more promising unto me than my (good) actions.

 

Allahumma salli alaa Muhammadin abdika wa rasoolika wa ‘alal Mu’mineena wal Mu’minaati wal Muslimeena wal Muslimaati.

O Allah, shower Your blessings on Muhammad (pbuh), Your servant and Messenger and on the believing men and women and on the Muslim men and women.

 

To solve a Jamaat problem in a country where we have established the Jamaat (a poor country), I contracted a debt with someone, taking a big sum of money from him and we agreed that I would be paying him back in five months. So, when the day came to return the money, I could not do so as I was facing financial problems. So, I explained my problem to the kind borrower and he politely agreed to give me additional time to pay him back the money. He gave me an additional three months to pay back my debt. I told him that Insha-Allah, I will return all his money.

 

So, I turned in prayer to my Rab, my Allah (swt) to open a way for me to pay back my debt. One day, in the month of October 2019 (on a Monday after the Tahajjud and Fajr prayers), I fell asleep and found a man in white clothes and long beard (a very beautiful, white and handsome man) put his hand on my head – at that moment, I smell a very good fragrance/ perfume – and he told me to recite after him this duah:

 

Allahummak fine bi-halaalika an haraamika wa agh-ni-nee bi fadh-lika amman siwaaka. Allahumma faarijal hammi kaashifal ghammi mujeeba da’watil mudh-tar-reen rahmaanad dunyaa wa raheemahaa anta tarhamunee far hamnee bi rahamatin tugh-nee-nee bihaa an rahmati man siwaak.

O Allah, provide me with lawful livelihood, adequate to my needs instead of ill-gotten one, and graciously grant me freedom from needing anything from anyone besides Yourself. O Allah, the Soother of worry and grief, Grantor of the prayer of helpless people, the Giver of mercy and grace in this world and the hereafter, You alone can have true mercy on me, so favour me in a way that I may no longer stand in need of the kindness of others.

 

And this personality (angel) also made me recite the following prayer:

 

Allahumma Maalikal Mulki tu’til Mulka man tashaa’u wa tanzi’ul Mulka mimman tashaaa’u. Wa tu’izzu man tashaa’u wa tuthil-lu man ta-shaa’u biyadikal khayru innaka ‘alaa kulli shay’in qadeer. Rahmaa-nad dunyaa wal aakhirati tu’teehimaa man tashaa’u irhamnee rahmatan tughnee-nee bihaa an rahmati man siwaaka.

O Allah, Master of all Sovereignty; You give dominion to whomsoever You please and You snatch it away from whomsoever You please. You exalt whomever You please and You degrade whomever You please. All good is in Your Hands. You have power over all things. You are the giver of mercy in this world and the hereafter. You give sovereignty and honour to whomever You please and deprive whomever You please of these two. So favour me in a way that I may no longer stand in need of the kindness of others.

 

Alhamdulillah, Summa Alhamdulillah – By the grace of Allah (swt), I recited these duahs every day after Fajr as well as the Esha prayers. Within one month Allah (brought about) such avenues through which I could pay back my debt. Before the three months period, I was able to reimburse the total amount of money due. Alhamdulillah, Fatabaarak-Allahu Rabboul Aalameen. [All Praise be to Allah. All thanks to You, O Allah, the Lord of all the Worlds].

 

In 2018, my family and I went to perform Umrah in Makkah Shariff (five days). Afterwards, we went to Madina. Before preparing ourselves for our journey to Madina, I went to sit very near the Ka’aba Shariff and made a lot of prayers (duahs). While invoking Allah, I suddenly heard a very beautiful voice reciting the following duah in my ear:

 

Allahumma zuqnee shahaadatan fee sabeelikawaj’al mautee bibaladi Rassoolika.

O Allah, grant me martyrdom in Your way and cause me to die in the city of Your Messenger (pbuh).

 

Before I end this concluding sermon on the subject of duahs [for the time being], I wish to say that, to save mankind from capriciousness (inconsistency) Allah (swt) has given to mankind, the instrument of prayer, without which, man is not in a position to use fully his capabilities, to attract the blessings of God. The existence of our lives is dependent on prayers along with good deeds and fear of God. I have been sent that I should prove that Islam alone is the living religion. Duah in reality is the prayer. Acceptance of duah in fact is not possible without prayers. Alms, duah and charitable acts are the shields against misfortunes. This is the reason that God has not limited the scope of prayers. Islam and the Holy Prophet (pbuh) have told us, in a nice manner, that even the biggest things should be requested from Allah (swt) and the smallest things, even, cannot be attained without the blessings of Almighty God. I ask you to be patient. Remember that the greatest force is the force of patience, which is always granted to the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam which has been established by Almighty God and nobody can combat this force. Patience leads you towards duah, and duah, patience consolidate the Godly Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam into higher stage of spirituality.

 

Alhamdu lillaahil lazi bi ni’-mathihee ta-timmus saalihaat.

All praise is due to Allah, by Whose honour and majesty, deeds of virtue are accomplished.

 

So, I close this subject for the time being. All praise be to Allah Who has enabled me to talk on this very important subject. Without His help and mercy, I would not have been able to expound on it. The fact remains that these are only few of those duahs – especially, those revealed in this present era of Divine Revelation. There are many other revealed duahs, as well as the Quranic duahs and those of the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), and the prayers of Hazrat Massih Ma’ud (as). Insha-Allah, when the times come, it is Allah Who shall give the Tawfiq to expound on a second series of duahs in my sermons. Insha-Allah.

 

May Allah bless all of my followers, and other Muslims and mankind as a whole and save us all from troubles and hardships and give us life as long as life is in our best interests, and may He give us death when it is in our interest and may Allah be completely satisfied with us. Insha-Allah, Ameen.


----Friday Sermon of 27 November 2020~11 Rabi’ul Aakhir 1442 AH delivered by Imam-Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam Hazrat Khalifatullah Munir A. Azim (aba) of Mauritius.