Sunday, October 11, 2020

'Duah': Invocations to Allah- XIV

Alhamdulillah, by the grace of Allah, I continue today the 14th part of my series of sermons on the subject of “duahs” (invocations to Allah). Today I present before you the duahs which Allah revealed to me before and after He raised me as His chosen one, when I was still in the Jamaat Ahmadiyya and also when I was expelled from the Nizam-e-Jamaat on the 1st January 2001. That fateful unforgettable year, on the 7th of January I reached the age of forty, and all that occurred in the realm of spirituality, along with all the persecutions and mockeries were life-changing.

Important Dream at the Beginning of the new Islamic Era

This reminds me of a great dream I had at the beginning of the new 15th Century Hijri, one year later in November 1981. At that time, I was quite young and was clueless about the Hijri Calendar and that a new century was opening for me, as a blessing but also as a lifelong struggle for the sake of Allah. 

I dreamt that four great personalities in white, being very handsome with beautiful beards and illuminating faces came to my parental house, and sat on the sofas which were of different colours. They came with very important news about my life, what shall happen to me in the future, but what I clearly remember after all these years [for I did not keep any written records of my dreams back then] is that they foretold about the great hurdles that I would have to go through in my life but that I must not worry because Allah will remove all these hurdles and be with me. Since I had seen that dream, I was very shaken and panicked and I was hesitant to relate this to anybody. After finally relating it to a good and well-respected Muslim neighbour of mine who had deep affection for me, the latter was awestruck by what I told him and considered this as a great dream and that I was one of the favoured people of Allah. He told me that was why he liked me very much. He encouraged me to relate that dream to my parents. Being worried by what I told her, my mother told me to give away a Sadqua, and to pray [which I did]. As for my father, upon hearing about the dream, he smiled at me, and gave me such comfort that all my worries flew away instantly. He told me that it was indeed a great dream that I had seen, but why must I worry because had not these personalities [i.e. the angels] say that Allah will always be with me? 

So, this was one of the most important dream I had in my youth, prior to being raised as God’s Servant. And Allah kept giving me true dreams and visions, which at that time I could not understand, but little by little when His Divine Manifestation touched me in a way like never before, when I was nearing the age of forty, Allah showed great love and helped me in great ways just like He promised, despite the attacks on my honour and dignity as a Caller to Allah [Dai-Illallah], as a worker and missionary of Islam Ahmadiyyat. During these hard times with the evil plots of a so-called [now ex] Amir along with the people around him, Allah revealed to me many duahs as a comfort to my soul.


Rise of a new Divine Manifestation at the turn of a new century

Having believed in the Divine Revelations which I was receiving at the time, my brother Zafrullah Domun Sahib was also target of the jeering, jesting and backbiting of the people of our own religious community [Jamaat]. They did not lose an opportunity to deride us, expressing clearly their hatred and jealousy. Thus, those duahs and revelations came as a balm for our hearts. Allah poured in His rain of blessings and showed extraordinary support.

I cannot mention all of these duahs as it will be lengthy and can stretch into several sermons. But I wish to share with you some of them which I hope will be of great use to you in your daily lives, and that Allah comforts you after invoking Him through these duahs. Some of these duahs are the duahs found in the Holy Quran, duahs of our beloved prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and some were even duahs of the Promised Messiah (as) but at the time when I was receiving them, they were unknown and novel to me, quite a treasure of spirituality, up till now.

The revelations which Allah vouchsafed me came as a balm for my soul as at that time, I was being labelled a liar, a mad and sick man by the people who once praised me for my devotion for the cause of Islam and Ahmadiyyat. I was expelled from the Nizam-e-Jamaat Ahmadiyya by one such person whom I had great love and respect, i.e. late Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad Sahib. The latter based himself on the false report of his Amir and expelled an innocent servant of Allah, and the one who has believed in him, and labelled him as stupid for having believed in the revelations which I receive from Allah. The fourth Caliph (May Allah forgive him) labelled those divine revelations as “so-called revelations” and sent curse upon us. This personally affected me in a way I cannot describe. But with the rise of the Divine Manifestation of the new era, Allah made a clear distinction between truth and falsehood, between my true friends and those who were friends in name only. Though I was afflicted, but Allah showed extraordinary support.

Thus, my Rab revealed me such revelations and duahs, and this till today to comfort and support me, and to show His presence with me as He is the One to have raised me as His Chosen Messenger. 

So, my dear brothers, sisters and children, I am very happy to present before you those duahs and you are indeed fortunate to receive it and this can help you in your everyday lives, if you want to drink from the fountain of these divine blessings and grace which comes from the Heaven, Insha-Allah.


Revelations, Visions & Duahs

La Maqsooda Illallah - There is no destination but Allah.

La Mabooda bil haqq illallah - There is no one to worship in truth but Allah. (Received on 31 March 2000)

While doing Zikr, I saw a vision where I found someone dressed in white instructing me to recite:

Rabbin surni bi Rahmatika. Rabbin surni bi Fazlikal Azim. Rabbin surni bi Ruh’il Quddus, Ayidini bil Quddus. 

O my Lord, assist me with Your Grace. O my Lord, assist me with Your Immense Favours. O my Lord, assist me with the Holy Spirit… (Received on 03 April 2000)


After being Expelled from the Nizame-Jamaat Ahmadiyya at the Beginning of the Divine Manifestation 

On the 1st of January 2001, I was not aware that we had been expelled from the Jamaat because I was receiving divine revelations. There was a major Amila (meeting) held after the Zuhr prayers and on that day when I went for the Zuhr prayers, I did not feel well. After the prayer, I performed my Asr prayer alone and thereafter went downstairs. It is then that I found several Amila members along with their so-called Amir, and nobody talked to me or responded to my greetings of peace despite that I greeted them in a loud voice. They kept looking at me in a strange way. Two days back, I returned to Mauritius from Rodrigues after completing my mission of three months. And whenever there are Amila meetings, I am summoned for the meetings, but that day, I was left out of it and I was unaware of what was transpiring behind my back. It was only at night after the Esha prayers that Zafrullah Domun Sahib informed me that we both have been expelled from the Jamaat Ahmadiyya (Nizam-e-Jamaat). I worked for the Jamaat Ahmadiyya since 12 November 1987, and that till 30 December 2000 (when I returned to Mauritius after my mission in Rodrigues), and on the 1st of January 2001 – the beginning of a new century – I found that I was expelled from the Nizam-e-Jamaat Ahmadiyya, and that too without any prior notice of three months as per the requirements of the law and without giving me my due for the years I worked for the Jamaat Ahmadiyya. On top of that, I did not even receive my official expulsion letter [and that till today]!

Had Allah not been with us, and supported us, then we would have suffered a lot, but Alhamdulillah, Allah (swt) gave us divine wealth, and on that day [1st January 2001] at 21.15 at night, Allah revealed to me:

Al-Qudratu Lillah – All powers belong to Allah.

Al-Izzatu Lillah – All honours belong to Allah.

Al-Hukmu Lillah – All judgements belong to Allah.

Laa Ghaaliba Illallah – All victories belong to Allah.

Allahumma Maalikal Mulki tu’til Mulka man tashaa’u wa tanzi’ul Mulka mimman tashaaa. Wa tu’izzu man tashaa; biyadikal Khayr. Innaka alaa kulli shay’in Qadiir.

O Allah, Owner of Sovereignty, You give sovereignty to whom You will and You take sovereignty away from whom You will. You honour whom You will and You abase whom You will. In Your hand is [all] good. Indeed, You have power over everything.

Tears rolled down like an open tap when this duah was revealed and I was trembling. Allah then revealed me on the spot:

Innallaaha yarzuqu mayy-yashaa-u bi-gayri hisaab. Aama-nusbiruu wa saabiruu wa raabituu. Wattaqullaha la-allakum tuflihuun.

Indeed, Allah provides for whom He wills without account. Endure in patience and constancy, and be firm [in your position and trust in Allah], so that you will be successful.

Rabbi inni zalamtu nafsii faghfirli. Wa huwas Sami’ul Aliim.

My Lord, indeed I have wronged myself, so forgive me. And indeed You are the All-Hearing, All-Knowing.


Duahs during Year 2001 when Persecutions were heightened

Rabbin surrni ‘alal qawmil-mufsideen.

My Rab, help me against the people who are creating havoc.

Rabbi bima an ‘amta ‘alaya falan akuna zahiral-lil-mujrimin.

O my Lord, because You have shown me mercy, I will never help sinners.

Rabbi nadjini minal qawmi-zaalimeen

My Lord, save me from the unjust people.

Rabbi inni lima anzalta ilayya min khairin faqir.

My Lord, indeed I am in need of whatever good You would send down to me.

Rabbi laa tazarnii fardanw-wa anta khayrul waarisiin. 

My Lord, do not leave me alone and You are the best of the inheritors.

Rabbi najjini wa ahli mimma yamaluun. Wa inna Rabbaka Lahuwal Azizur-Rahim.

My Lord! Save me and my family from what they do. And verily! Your Lord, He is indeed the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful. (Received on 03 January 2001 after Fajr prayer)

Rabbana inna-naa nakhaafu ayy-yafruta alaynaa aw ayy-yatgha. Rabbi inna qawmii kazzabuun.

Our Lord, indeed we are afraid that he will hasten [punishment] against us or that he will transgress. O my Lord because my people have called me a liar.”

Rabbi habli hukmanw-wa al-hiqni bis-saalihiin. Wajal li lisanaa sidqin-fil aakhireen. Wajalnii miww-warasatin jannatin-na’im. Wa laa tukhzinii yawma yub’asuun.

My Lord! Grant me wisdom, and join me with the righteous. And grant me an honourable mention in later generations. And make me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of Delight. And disgrace me not on the Day of Resurrection.


When I receive revelations, I sweat a lot and get anxiety attacks, and my body feels crushed, painful and I feel very sad. By His grace, Allah revealed to me these duahs:

Rabbi najjini min ghammi.      O my Lord (my Allah), remove my anxiety/ sorrow.

Laa Ilaaha Illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minaz-zaalimeen ma daa bihi mahmumin wa laa makrubun wala madjunun fi yawmin talaata marratin illa-s-tujibalaa.

There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers. There is no one [who recites this duah] who is annoyed, anguished, distressed, or is in debt [but that Allah will remove all his difficulties].

Allahumma ‘agnini bil ‘ilmi, wazayyinni bil’ hilmi, wa’akrimni bi taqwa, wajammilni bil afiyah. Bismillahil-lazi laa ilaaha gayruhur Rahmanir-Rahim. Allahumma addhib annil hamma wal hazan.

O Allah, enrich me with knowledge, adorn me with gentleness, honour me with piety and beautify me with health. In the name of Allah, there is no other deity but He, the Gracious, the Merciful. O my Lord! Keep anguish and sadness away from me.

Rabbi arzihu jazaa ‘an awfa. Rabbi ahsan zawjati. Rabbishfi zawjati haza, waj’alna bara kaatin fis-samaa’i wa barakin fil arzi. Rabbi zidni umri wa umraka, fahfazni min kulli-afatin.

O Allah grant her (my wife) all rewards. O Allah grant my wife health. O my Lord, grant my wife health and give her blessings on earth and in the heavens. O Allah, do not let the life of my wife and my life go in vain; save us from all afflictions and protect us and separate us from all problems which may befall us.

O my Lord, protect me against the people who have started to deride me. O my Lord, manifest Yourself on me,  manifest Yourself on me. O my Lord, do not leave anything which shall humiliate me [i.e. protect me from every humiliation].

Insha-Allah, I will continue on the subject of revealed duahs next Friday.


Dream of Muktharuddin Sahib of Tamil Nadu– India.

Alhamdulillah, three days back, my dear disciple Muktharuddin Sahib of Coimbatore saw a great dream in which he found himself in a town called “Nagore”, and there were many people [among whom there were people he knew and his near relatives] who went in a Mosque and they invited him to come along with them, but he refused. Therefore they told him : “We all are together with joy but you are alone, so sad you are like an orphan.” but he did not reply anything to them; after that they left. Thereafter my dear disciple Muktharuddin Sahib heard a voice say: “They are enjoying for this life only, whereas you will be in the pleasure of the life after death but they won’t!”

Subhan-Allah, Allahu Akbar ! This is indeed great news. Look how Allah comforts His good servants!


The situation in Madagascar

I wish to tell you that Allah directed me to come to the help of our brothers, sisters and children of the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam in Madagascar. Alhamdulillah, I have been able to do so. But little did I know that the people of Madagascar were suffering from famine and drought. So, Allah indeed guide aright His servant in such situations, especially in the times of the Coronavirus Pandemic – Indeed humanity is in danger.


So, I end here for today with a revealed duah, and I encourage all my disciples to recite this prayer and to remain in contact with their Namaz/ Salaat, duahs and Zikrullah, without forgetting the recitation of the Holy Quran. So, place your trust in Allah and read this duah:

Subhanakallahumma  Rabbana wa bi-hamdika, Allahummaghfir li. All Glory to You, O Allah, all praises are for You. O Allah, forgive me. Ameen. Summa Ameen, Ya Rabbul Aalameen.


---Friday Sermon of 09 October 2020~ 21 Safar 1442 AH delivered by Hazrat Khalifatullah Munir A. Azim (aba) of Mauritius.