Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Poem: 'At the Door of My Lord'

 

What can I say about my feelings?

I yearn to become close to my Lord

Every prick and stone in my way

To be removed so that I can fly towards my Lord



 

I wish to be there where the world revolves around my Saviour

I am no longer alone and lonely as long as my Lord is by my side 

In a world much mysterious I yearn for the secret of the famous sound,

I want to have those wings of love which would surely guide me to the Omnipresent God

 

Taking into stride all my chances, I failed on the way

How can You forgive me for my sins, O Bountiful One?

The heart You know in all its deepest compartments,

How can I regain Your Love, O My Sweet Lord?

 

I have sinned against my soul,

I am here in repentance before You

How can I become close to You,

My Lord is the Most Forgiving Creator-

Swallowing all my fears and pains into oblivion;

Once again, giving me the will to breathe and live.

 

How can I thank You enough for the string of favours

that You have showered on me?

O my Lord, I live on this earth with Your blessings.

 

The solar system is in adoration before You,

The partisans of Truth will always be there

For, Truth will never be vanquished

 

The woods might walk,

The sun might die, the moon might explode,

The sea might see to its dried up shores, and

The mountains might feel the heaviness of their weight,

But Victory will be Yours

Despite the recriminations and bloody attempts

To destroy Your Manifest Presence.

 

You, as my Witness, know what lies within me,

You know how imperfect I am and very inclined to be tempted by the Devil,

The reason why, my Good Lord, I beg of You to Hold my hands for eternity,

So as not to fall into the trap of the Traitor.

 

Take me aboard Your magnificent Ship, O my Loving Allah,

Take me on the starlight of Your Universe,

Make me Your most devoted servant.

 

All Honour to You, O my Loved One,

I have been scolded by You for my sins,

My every being in torment of this moment,

Body and soul, feeling Your hands, shaking them to the core,

Guilt is my lot, but You in Your Merciful Heart delivered me from this hellish turmoil.

 

My heart and soul are once more free:

Free to adore You in all Your Glory,

Free to remain at Your Devoted service,

Humbling myself once more to Your Commands,

Feeling none other but You,

Doing what You only give me permission to do.

 

The four seasons will come and with it Your ultimate Decree,

Lies in Your hands my destiny,

Humanity at Your feet, but they still do not know

what is waiting for them,

 

I remember the times when You were always there for me,

And I thank You for these momentanous happenings 

which we are actually seeing,

I am a beggar at Your feet,

I'll beg for my salvation, and 

Glorify Your most dignified Name

 

The pact of Sincerity that Your chosen people have signed with You,

Will remain the proof of our attachment to You.

My Lord is the Unique Lord of the Heavens and Earth,

Whoever challenges His Supremacy will definitely taste His Wrath.

 

Beware poor souls that you are,

My Lord will destroy filth, and

Fill the world with His Perfume,

The Manifestation is here:

So, Follow it closely and abide.

 

O my Lord, 

Guide Your partisans to the eternal abode of Your love,

And make them rejoice in the good news of Your arrival.



******************************

--- Tayyeba Shaheeda Nasrine Aliah
     
      03 October 2002.