Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Poem: 'Mere Kareem'

 

Bismillah-ir-Rahman-ir-Rahim

 

Tere kamon se mujhe hayrat hai eh mere Kareem

Ô mon Bienfaiteur, je suis ébahi devant Tes oeuvres.

O my Benefactor, I am amazed at Your works

 


Kiss amal par mujh ko di hai khulat kurbo jawar

Quel travail ai-je fais pour que Tu m’aies accordé ce 

manteau d’honneur Qui sied à Tes proches?

What work have I done so that You have bestowed upon me 

this mantle of honour That befits Your loved ones?

 

Ye sarasar fazlo ehsan hai ke mein aya pasand

Ce n’est que par Ta Grâce et Ta Faveur que j’ai été choisi,

It was only by Your Grace and Your Favour that I was chosen,

 

Warna dargah mein teri kuch kam na the khidmat guzar

Sinon il ne manquait pas de serviteur à Ta cour.

Otherwise there was no lack of a servant at Your court.


Dosti ka damjo bharte the wo sab dushman huwe

Tous ceux qui me proclamaient leur amitié sont devenus mes ennemis.

All those who proclaimed their friendship to me have become my enemies.

 

Par na chora saath tu ne eh mere hajat barar

Mais Toi Tu ne m’as pas abandonné, dans le besoin Tu es resté à mes côtés.

But You did not abandon me, in times of need [of difficulties – 

whenever I needed You] You stayed by my side.

 

Ibteda se tere saya mein mere din kate

Dès le début j’ai passé mes jours sous Ta protection.

From the start I have spent my days under Your protection.

 

Gaud mein teri raha mein misle tifle sher kwaar

Tel un nourrisson j’ai été bercé dans Tes bras.

Like an infant I have been cradled in Your arms.

 

Log kehte hein ke nalaek nahin hota kabul

On dit que sans compétences que je suis, je ne serai pas reçu,

They say that without the skills that I am, I will not be received,

 

Mein to na laek bhi hokar pe gaya dargah mein baar

Mais voilà! Quoique sans talents je suis admis dans Ta cour.

But [see this situation]! Although without talents I am admitted into Your Court. 


[Note: Revealed Poem of 27 September 2021 received in URDU by Imam- Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam Hazrat Khalifatullah Al Mahdi Munir Ahmad Azim (aba) Saheb of MauritiusThe translations are in French and English].