“The month of Ramadan (is that) in which the Quran was revealed, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion.
So whoever sights (the new moon of) the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days.
Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and (wants) for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that (to) which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful.” (2:186).
Ramadhan is a month of countless blessings and virtues.
The word RAMADHAN is derived “ramdh” which means “burning the feet from heat”. This is because of the fast, which burns the sins of a Muslim into ashes. Ramadhan has been given the name of blessed month because:
1) In this month, the Quran was revealed, and the angel Gabriel used to come to make the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) recite the Quran, from beginning to end.
2) In this month, there is the night of Qadr, which is better than 1000 months.
3) In this month, the reward of a good deed is equal to the fardh of another month.
4) This is the month of patience and the reward of this patience is Paradise.
5) This month teaches the lesson of kindness towards others.
6) In this month, the first ten days are of mercy, the second ten days are of forgiveness and the last ten days are of being freed from hell.
7) The month of Ramadhan is a month in which the mercy and blessing of Allah (swt) descend upon us continuously if we are truly seeking the mercy of Allah and His countenance.