In his Friday Sermon of October 05, 2012 the Khalifatullah Hadhrat Munir Ahmad Azim Sahib (atba) of Mauritius underscored the significance of Zakaat as one of the pillars of Islam. Financial sacrifice is needed in the noble service of humanity and for meeting the manifold expenses of the growing spiritual community of believers- the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam. Hadhrat Khalifatullah (atba) exhorts the community of believers to assume personal responsibility and to contribute to the larger cause of Islam.
Read the Extracts from the Friday Sermon:
“My Friday Sermon shall today have a profound connection with financial sacrifice. By the grace of Allah, the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam is doing much progress in the field of Dawa and the message is being spread in the four corners of the world, Alhamdulillah.
The message is being propagated, yes, but there are no Dai-Illallah or missionaries there (in those countries) to take care of these seekers of truth. The tree has been planted and is growing, but there is the risk of weeds coming to attack this tree, and dries it up. Why so? Because there is no gardener to care for those trees, to enable it to bloom and produce their fruits in the future. When there is a gardener, the weeds do not have the time to attack, and make this observation: that the weeds grow more in intensity and rapidly than the fruit tree. The fruit tree takes its time to grow, but when it has established itself firmly (in the soil), therefore nobody can uproot it and it brings forth lots of fruits.
Therefore, we are now in great need of missionaries or those who want to dedicate their lives for the religious works (Waqfi-Arzi) in the different countries to preach the unity of Allah, to preach the Sahih al Islam – Islam in its authenticity, to break all idols which have entered the hearts (of people), educate (do the Tarbiyyat of) the new members and reunite them together on the Tawheed (unity of Allah) and the Divine Manifestation where Allah (the Almighty) has sent His humble servant to take you from darkness and lead you towards light.
Therefore, definitely not all people can do this work, and especially in the time when a Messenger of Allah is among you, but in one way or another, one thing that our members of the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam can do is to participate actively in financial sacrifice. When Allah (the Almighty) sends His Messenger, each time only few people initially accepts him, and these people are poor and they also go through trials; but it is a fact that their hearts are not poor.
We know how there were companions (Sahaba) in the times of the Holy Prophet (sa) who used to work in the market only to spend the money in the path of Allah, for the propagation of the message of Allah, that of His prophet (sa) and Islam as religion. In all eras of prophets of Allah, each time that a Messenger comes, there are no financial and mundane resources to preach the divine message, but Allah (the Almighty) sends His sincere believers to accept the divine message and work hard to preach the divine message and also to make financial sacrifices in the path of Allah.
Therefore, by the grace of Allah, with the way that the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam is progressing around the world, we need lots of money, and that is why, from among the principle pillars of Islam, after the Kalima (attestation of faith), Namaz (obligatory prayers), Roza (fasting), there comes Zakaat (Obligatory payment) which is an important pillar in Islam and Allah (the Almighty) has mentioned in several places of the Quran, Zakaat just after mentioning Salaat (obligatory prayers). These two are often mentioned together. Thus, for the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam, the Zakaat is most important, more than any other contributions and this one is an obligatory one (Farz).
If the Farz you do not do and you only do the Nafil (voluntary), therefore of what use is the Nafil? It is absolutely like a wilted orange, which loses all juice and which is just “bagasse”. Farz is something that Allah (the Almighty) has Himself imposed (upon the believers) and which is more obligatory (than any other contributions). Thus, with Zakaat money many religious (Deen) works can be done, but unfortunately nowadays many people have trampled the Zakaat under their feet and they give more importance to other funds established by man. That which Allah (the Almighty) has sent down through His prophet (sa) and which is found in His Holy Book (the Holy Quran) is not being taken into consideration by men. They rather take into consideration that which creatures (like themselves) are doing. Money in millions are coming in, but there is no blessing of Allah in this money; therein are a lot of theft, frauds and corruption.
Thus, we, the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam, in the capacity of Khalifatullah of this era, I tell you all my disciples to contribute generously in the Zakaat funds, Zakaat which is the fourth pillar of Islam, so that we may do this great work for which Allah (the Almighty) has chosen us for. Therefore each person who is found in the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam must assume his own responsibilities. When I am saying assuming responsibilities, this is because till now, there are a lot among us who have not understood the true importance of financial sacrifice.
There are others again who despite obtaining new means of living, new working opportunities and those who before depended on their parents, but now that they are financially safe, do not contribute (in the path of Allah). Their parents have not shown them the importance of financial sacrifice in the way of Allah, only for the pleasure of Allah. These parents think that “Oh but he has just started to work; therefore I (or we) cannot possibly put such a burden (financial sacrifice in the path of Allah) on his shoulders.” There are all these thoughts and also that of the new converts who have the capacity to contribute in the path of Allah but not enough attention is paid to them to tell them to contribute, and thus they have not yet integrated the financial sacrifice system.
The Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam has a lot of work to do. Many people are entering the fold of the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam and we have to take care of them, and we have to send missionaries there (in their countries), to find a place to unite them for prayers, religious works and to do their religious education and that of their children also. A Jamaat has many spending to do. A Jamaat of Allah is not established to seek financial help with the government or other people who are not found in the Jamaat of Allah. And we must ourselves make financial sacrifices for Allah (the Almighty) has made this one of the fundamental basis in His religion (Islam). Allah (the Almighty) knows better what kind of work there are to do and all those who contribute in His path, it is Allah Himself who shall reward them for all contributions you give in His path. You shall reap what you have sown, and the fruit from it (these sacrifices) shall be sweeter (than that of this world) in the hereafter.
The new members who by the grace of Allah have the capacity (to contribute), but who for the time being are not concentrating in this noble endeavour, they must do so, for spending in the cause of Allah from a part of the wealth which Allah has given you is to remove people from darkness and bring them towards the light of Allah. If the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam pay attention to all these weaknesses and we spend in the path of Allah, therefore it shall not be impossible at all to do the great works for which Allah (the Almighty) has chosen us to do.
When the intention is pure and clean, then the one who finds himself (or herself) in the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam and in the Divine Manifestation, he shall on his own seek a way to spend in the path of Allah, in the Jamaat of Allah where the Elect of Allah is found, being present among you. This shall verily stay in the annals of history of the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam till the Day of Judgement, and all the good deeds which you “plant” in this world, your generation and the one following it also shall beneficiate from that spiritual fruit, Insha-Allah, and you (yourselves) shall reap it in the hereafter, Insha-Allah.
As the Khalifatullah of this era, I expect that my disciples who are found in the different countries of the world, by the grace of Allah, the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam International – not only Mauritius but international – to focus specially on this (financial sacrifice) and make a very good intention to spend a little more in the path of Allah – not less and not with a hesitant hand – to and you shall see how Allah (the Almighty) shall put all the more blessings in your money and possessions, Insha-Allah.
When you spend in the path of Allah, for the progress of the work of Allah, you shall neither become poor nor have your food and drink diminish, nor be indebted. And you shall see how Allah (the Almighty) shall reward you to the extent that He wishes to reward you. When your spend more in the path of Allah to help the Messenger of Allah to enable the progress of the religion of Allah, then this become a deed made of our love for Allah and His chosen servant and when you see the good rewards of Allah coming your way, then this shall be an extraordinary thing. There shall then be blessings in your wealth, in your health and there shall be blessings and divine grace in your happiness also. And all the system of your organisation (our Jamaat also) shall become healthy, and there shall be peace and tranquillity. Insha-Allah.
Whatever the condition that a country which has a connection with the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam and has recognised and accepted this humble servant of Allah be, they (the people of that country) must not play the deaf or turn their backs to this call which I am making, for then, their consequences shall be serious. This is so because they are neither playing the deaf nor turning their backs to me but verily they are doing that with Allah (the Almighty), their Creator, in Whose Hand is their life, health, food, and honour etc. Therefore, ponder over this matter before doing anything negative, those deeds which can make Allah (the Almighty) angry with you. At least, before leaving this world and before your meeting with your Rab, you do such good deeds which shall make Allah pleased with you and when you shall present yourselves before Allah (the Almighty), you do so with your good deeds, Insha-Allah.
Thus, as the Khalifatullah of this era, I make an appeal to all my disciples around the world, without exception, for financial sacrifice for we have lot of religious works to do throughout the world.
1. We have more than 65 books which we have written and must be published, and that, in different languages.
2. We have several volumes of our Al-Azim-Tafsir-Ul-Quran which we must publish, in other languages also.
3. We have many people who have integrated the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam throughout the world and thus we have to take care of them, thus needing many missionaries to go and work in these countries; those who possess a good knowledge of the Holy Quran, Hadiths, books written by Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) and those written by the other Mujaddids. They need those people to have a good understanding of these languages: Arabic, Persian, English, French and other languages, Insha-Allah.
4. We need to do the formation of missionaries from our own people who shall dedicate themselves for Deen works and propagate the Sahih Al Islam. We do not need quantity (many people to integrate the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam) but we need quality missionaries; those who are Muttaqi (God-fearing), Insha-Allah.
5. When we shall send our missionaries abroad, we need to pay them well and make provision to make both them and their families to go and do the Deen works.
6. In all the countries that the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam has been established, the time has now come to buy a plot of land for the construction of a mosque, with its religious school, office-bearers’ offices and Mission House.
7. The Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam, shall Insha-Allah start its own Jamia and a Dar-ul-Uloom to teach our youths who shall dedicate them to the service of Islam and shall go to work in other countries of the world. Insha-Allah, we shall need a Jamia (missionary university) in the English speaking and French speaking countries etc. We need such schools also on India, Mayotte, Reunion Island, Mauritius, Japan etc. and we shall need many administrators and teachers. Therefore we need finance to cater for those constructions and payment of those salaries.
8. Insha-Allah, we shall have our own private radio which shall concentrate only on spirituality and also, Insha-Allah, little by little, we need to have our own press.
9. In Mauritius itself we need a large piece of land for the construction of a grand mosque, Guest House, Jamia, Conference Room with all its equipment, medical centre and this, along with doctors and dentists shall be used for the service of humanity, without exception. We need also houses to shelter those who come to work here, and we need to buy a reliable transport to facilitate our Deen works. And without forgetting our Dawa Academy for the education of our children and youths; and a place where we can organise our functions, such as, Eid and Jalsa Salana. By the grace of Allah, I have already sought to find such a place, a land of about 15 to 20 acres. All these are expensive, but nothing is impossible with the help of Allah. Impossible things become possible!
10. There is a plot of land in Mayotte which a brother has given the Jamaat; we must construct there as quickly as possible a Mosque, an Imam House, religious school and make the necessary to send a missionary there. The money used in Mayotte is the Euro because it is a French colony. In Rodrigues also we need to make a similar construction. Insha-Allah, soon we shall finalise the papers after the last instalment to be paid at the end of November 2012. We shall then be able to prepare for the necessary constructions and that in other countries also.
11. The Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam has the privilege to translate the books of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) in several languages. As the Jamaat Ahmadiyya has not translated several books of the Promised Messiah despite the fact that they have a lot of financial resources to do these works, but Insha-Allah, the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam shall be successful in this endeavour.
As the Khalifatullah of this era, the fund which has been launched in all countries (in the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam) is the Muqaddam Fund. This fund is for the purpose of buying of land, construction of mosques, religious schools, Mission House etc., without forgetting for the buying of pieces of land to be transformed into cemetery.
The Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam has got the special favour in this era whereby it is a Messenger of Allah who is making this appeal under divine instruction. There is no one who is presently getting this divine happiness coming down from the Heavens. Therefore for this, faith is fundamentally essential and for all demands of financial sacrifice, Allah (the Almighty) has linked it with faith (Iman). He has put faith first and then financial sacrifice. And the truth is that financial sacrifice comes from faith itself.
I am making this special appeal to all Amir and Finance Secretaries to work with utmost dedication to make people take into consideration this perfect appeal to spend in the path of Allah, and send your reports as soon as possible and make known how the situation is evolving, and what contribution our members are making, who are cooperating and who are not and making as if they do not hear the call. If you have any question or suggestion, do not hesitate to send your letter or email. Each Jamaat in the world has a great work to do in this field, especially the Amirs and Finance Secretaries.
In our Jamaat (around the world) whereby faith is progressing, this is with the same blessings and increase in faith that financial sacrifice shall progress. Therefore, this is a true happiness, a unique one that we have got. May Allah always preserve for us this happiness and for this to stay with us, it is necessary that we protect our faith. And may Allah make our faith ever progress, more than before, Insha-Allah, Ameen.