Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Water: A Divine Sign


‘Did We not make the earth a home for the living and the dead? Did We not place firm, lofty mountains on it and provide you with sweet water?(77: 26-28)

 

‘Do they not see the sky above them––how We have built and adorned it, with no rifts in it; how We spread out the earth and put solid mountains on it, and caused every kind of joyous plant to grow in it, as a lesson and reminder for every servant who turns to God; and how We send blessed water down from the sky and grow with it gardens, the harvest grain, and tall palm trees laden with clusters of dates, as a provision for everyone; how with water We give [new] life to a land that is dead? This is how the dead will emerge [from their graves].(50: 7-12)

 

‘It is He who sends the winds as heralds of good news before His Mercy. We send down pure water from the sky, so that We can revive a dead land with it, and We give it as a drink to many animals and people We have created.’ [25: 49-50]

 

Say, ‘Just think: if all your water were to sink deep into the earth who could give you flowing water in its place?’ (67: 31)


 

Water is the elixir of life. If rainwater sustains all forms of physical life in this world, it is the water of Divine revelation that sustains spiritual life. Like the Holy Qur’an graphically illustrates, water is a source of great blessings. According to the Holy Qur’an, when people accept the sublime messages of a Divine Elect in an era, and becomes the followers of the Holy reformer among them and act in support of the Divine cause in every way, Allah (swt) bless them with His help and support in the form of abundant water that will bring prosperity and growth, honour and greatness as a reward for their faith and trust in the Majesty of Allah: 

 

‘I said, “Seek the protection of your Lord: He is Great Protector as ever. (If you listen to me) He will send down abundant rain from the sky for you; He will give you wealth and children; He will provide you with gardens and will place streams at your disposal (to make you prosperous).’ (71: 11-13)

 

Recently, in a water-starved region of Tamil Nadu, members of the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam who wished to promote agriculture and farming activities offered fervent prayers and invocations to Allah (swt) while making efforts to lift water from the depths of the earth. It is also noteworthy to mention here that Hazrat Khalifatullah (aba) prayed for alleviation of the water scarcity situation there when he was informed about it, Alhamdulillah. By the sheer grace and blessings of Allah (swt), the dead-land has literally come alive with flowing water: from water-scarcity, the precarious situation is now transformed in the area, so much so that a 12,000-liter water-tank is also full of water these days, facilitating agriculture activities. There is little doubt in the minds of our believing brothers and sisters who closely and anxiously followed these developments of water-scarcity and related efforts over the months, and offered invocations at the place that what is really happening- the emergence of water from the depths of earth in this arid land area is an almost miraculous sign of Divine grace and mercy, Subhaan Allah, Alhamdulillah, Allah-u-Akbar!  

 

Water Crisis in our times

 

Say, ‘Just think: if all your water were to sink deep into the earth who could give you flowing water in its place?’ (67: 31)

 

All over the world, people are facing the effects of global warming and climate change with profound consequences for everyday life. In very many cities, there is shortage of water and related difficulties. Science today confirms that much of these evil effects and consequences are a result of human interventions and activities. Like the Holy Qur’an warns:  


‘Corruption has flourished on land and sea as a result of people’s actions and He will make them taste the consequences of some of their own actions so that they may turn back.’ (30: 42)

 

To turn around from the brink of danger, from this ultimately disastrous course of human excesses that are causing devastation all around, man needs to reform his existential choices and embrace the right way of a well-balanced life. Humankind needs to recognize the inestimable value of the water of Divine revelation in this era by accepting the larger message of Hazrat Khalifatullah (aba) and the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam today; indeed, the good fortune and future of our collective humanity depends on following the guidance of His messenger and His Jamaat in this era, Insha Allah, Aameen.

 

Reproduced below in this context is a long and interesting dream made by Khaja Mohideen Saheb of Chennai on 17 March 2024:

 

‘In my dream after Fajr Prayer, (I see that) Chennai has no rain since 3 to 4 years, and all the lakes have dried up. People are struggling and facing a great water crisis and people are vacating (houses) and leaving from the city. In this situation I sit after Fajr prayer in the house, (then) someone knocks on the door. I opened the door and a person is there. He says to me:


‘Go to the Thirusulam Hills, opposite to the Airport, there is a spring available. If you dig there you can get enough water for the people, but that water for the people should start use from sunrise to sunset, and after sunset [that is from Maghrib to Fajr prayer] water should be used to send mix with ocean, which will be used for the fishes. You must go to the government and talk with them; if they agree with this condition, then, you can show them that place of spring.’


But I hesitated that how can I go and tell this to the government? I feel hesitation that how can I say this truth to the government? And also I don't have courage to go and talk with the government.(So I skip this matter).But the next day morning I was sitting , the same person came to me again and asked me that why did you not inform them yet? Did you not inform them? You should go and inform them. Then I replied him that ok I will go and inform them.

 

Then I go to the minister office to see the minister...They didn't allow me to enter inside (the building). I have been waiting outside for many hours. And I submitted an application. Then they called and asked me about the application. I explained to them about my dream: to solve the water crisis of Chennai, there is a place having water.

 

But they did not accept my claim because it is just a dream. Then the minister started to move, then stopped his vehicle and returned to me. He told me to get inside the vehicle. I enter in the vehicle. Then he took me directly to the Chief Minister (of Tamil Nadu). He explained to the Chief Minister that he is telling something: we are in a very critical situation at present and many people have already left from Chennai. This person is telling according to his dream that water available in a place. And he told me to explain to the Chief Minister.


Then I explain my dream to the Chief Minister that there is water available in a place, but the condition is that the water should be provided to humans during the day time and marine creatures such as fishes at night time. If you agree to this condition, I will show you the place. Then he starts   discussing with the authorities. But authorities are not accepting this.


Because of the dream, they take this matter to Muslim Jamaats. Those Muslims recognized me as Sahih Al Islam Jamaat [(i.e. belongs to the Jamaat of Munir A. Azim (atba)]. After coming to know about this, they start to say that he is always lying. Don't believe on what he is telling. He is lying and distracting the people. And they are arguing with the authorities. But the Minister believes on me and tells to the authorities that there is currently no water for the ongoing famine. May be, if we find water as he says then the current famine can be solved. So, if we get water , then we must follow his condition. In this way, they agreed upon my condition.

 

Then the next morning they take me to the mountain. I am standing near to the mountain. I have a doubt now that the man told me the place but he did not tell me where the exact location (on the mountain). And I am worrying a lot that how can I tell them the exact location of water availability. Surrounding me, many government authorities and police officers are there. I became worried that how I can identify the exact location as many high officials are also standing there. Then I look at the sky and pray: ‘Ya Allah!, I have brought them here on the basis that someone came and told me in my dream! Ya Allah! I am not able to identify the exact location! What I will do now?’

 

Then I went on Sajdah, and started making Du'ah in front of Allah. During my Du'ah in the Sajdah, the same person came and told me that a flock of birds will arrive in a place to drink water and leave, that will be the exact location of water of availability. So I listened this and waited for a long time. After some time a flock of birds came; those birds are pigeons. Many pigeons came and sit in a place on the mountain. But, only a small amount of water (a half-foot size) appeared to be there. The birds drank the water and flew away. So I ran there and identified the location. Then the authorities started blasting there with powerful explosives.

 

After the explosion, so much water started to come out with great force that it looked like a heavy flood! Then people became very happy and rejoiced over the fact that water came after 4 years after the earth dried up and they have been suffering a lot for years altogether.


After that many people took Bai'at in our Jamaat. Thousands of people looking back on us (our Jamaat) like the whole world.


After letting water to mix up to the ocean at night, half of the world’s fishes start invading the ocean front at Chennai to drink the water;  Chennai becomes the world no.1 (biggest) fishing port…[Inset: Khaja Mohideen Saheb with TN Jamaat Amir Mukarram Saleem Saheb during the recent India visit of Hazrat Khalifatullah (aba)]


[The dream has ended... But I felt like the man who came to give me instructions in the dream was a real person alive, not just a mere dream.’ 


---[ Dream reported by Khaja Mohideen Saheb, Chennai; translated by  Mukarram Shahul Hameed Faisal Saheb of Kottar].