In October 2010, an Ahmadi seeker of truth from
Kerala, India wrote a letter to Hadhrat Munir Ahmad Azim
(atba). While seeking information about the exact nature of the claim of
Hadhrat Sahib, he expressed his conviction: "[i]t is incumbent upon me as a Muslim to accept the
divinely appointed Khalifathullah of the Age". Hadhrat Sahib’s considered response to the letter throws
profound light on the concept of Tawheed and the continuity of Divine revelations in Islam and a
brief account about the divine bounties bestowed on him in recent times by
Allah the Most High. Mauritius
As the letter provides a glimpse into the nature of foundational beliefs held by Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam, we are reproducing the letter below (omitting personal details), for the benefit of our readers:
“….By the immense grace of Allah, He has recently officially (10 September 2010) raised me in addition to being an Amir'ul Momeneen, Muhyi-ud-Din and Khalifatullah to the honourable position of Mujaddid and Massih Maoud of this age. I have come to revive the teachings of Islam, the teachings of the Holy Quran and to guide the whole humanity towards the worship of one God, Allah (Tabaarak Wa Ta'ala).
I have come to confirm the veracity of our beloved Holy Prophet Muhammad (saws) and the Promised Messiah of the previous age Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as). In addition to being a Messenger of Allah, I am also a follower of Nabi-Kareem Muhammad (saws) and the follower of the reviver of Islam Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) who was an Ummati Nabi (a prophet in the footsteps of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saws) - confirming the truthfulness of Hazrat Muhammad (saws)).
I have come from Allah, appointed by Him through divine revelations to bring back the lost souls back to the worship of Allah, including the Muslims in general and also the Ahmadi Muslims who have let go of the teachings of both Hazrat Muhammad (saws) and Hazrat Massih Maoud Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as). Considering this, both Hazrat Muhammad (saws)'s teachings and those of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (as) were the same message, for the promised messiah only came to revive the lost teachings of Islam and like him, in this era also, Allah has appointed this humble self to revive the teachings of Islam brought to the world by our beloved Hazrat Muhammad (saws).
THE BELIEFS OF THE JAMAAT UL SAHIH
(1) We believe that God exists; to subscribe to a belief in His existence is to affirm the most important truth; it is not to follow an illusion or superstition.
(2) We believe that God is one. He has no partner here or in Heaven. Everything else is His creation, dependant on His help and sustenance.
(3) We believe that God is Holy, free from all defects and full of all perfections. His power is unlimited. So is His knowledge. He encompasses everything and there is nothing which encompasses Him. He is the first and the last, the Manifest and the Hidden, the Creator and Master of all creation.
(4) We believe that angels are a part of God's creation. They follow the law laid down in the Quran - they do what they are commanded. They depend on God in the same way as men or His other creatures. He is not dependent on them for the manifestation of His power. The angels only manifest the will and wisdom of God.
(5) We believe that God speaks to His chosen servants and reveals to them His purpose. Revelation from God descends in words. The recipient provides neither the meaning nor the words of revelation. Both come from Him. Revelation provides real sustenance for man. Man lives by it and through it, man comes to have contact with God. The words, which embody a revelation of God, are unique in their power and majesty. No man can coin such words. They carry treasures of knowledge and wisdom.
Allah says in the Holy Quran: "It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah's permission, what Allah wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise".(42:52)
Thus, as you rightly said my brother: "it is incumbent upon me as a Muslim to accept the divinely appointed Khalifathullah of the Age."
Therefore I invite you to embrace Allah's divine signs and manifestations of this era and to remain close to this humble self in spirit and action for the progress and propagation of Islam all round the world, not just in Kerala. The fact that you served as president for so many years, may Allah reinforce you to be of more help to the cause of Allah Insha-Allah in the Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam, under the banner of Tawheed and obeisance to Allah and this humble self as Allah's messenger and representative in this era.
As a seeker of truth, I appreciate your endeavour and thirst to embrace the truth of the divine manifestations in this era through the coming of this humble self. May Allah make you Mubarak and enlighten you so that you recognize this truth and remain firm in Islam and be dedicated to the work of Deen-e-Islam. Islam is in need of sincere soldiers to fight in its rank. I pray to Allah that Allah enable you and your family to be of great help to the cause of Allah in this era….”