Thursday, February 1, 2024

Poem: ‘Supplication to Allah’

 

O You, for Whom I would sacrifice my life,

My heart, and every particle of my being!

With Your mercy, open for me

All the paths to recognizing You.

 

The philosopher who seeks You

Through reason, is insane;

The hidden path that leads to You

Lies far from reason’s domain.




 

None of them ever found

Your Holy Abode;

Only through Your limitless Grace

Has anyone ever found the Road.

 

You give both the worlds

To the lovers of Your Countenance;

But the two worlds are nothing

In the eyes of Your servants.

 

With just one look

Stop all this war and confrontation;

The world truly needs

A sign of Your manifestation.

 

Show a sign

So that the world may be filled with Your Light;

And every denier of the Faith

May sing Your praises day and night.

 

I would not be the least troubled

If the whole world was to turn upside down;

I am only worried lest Your Luminous Path

Should become lost and unknown.

 

Nothing comes out of religious debates

Put an end to them with Your Mighty signs.

Stir people’s consciences with earthquakes

So that fear may bring them to Your Gates.

 

In the garb of an earthquake

Make a fountain of mercy flow;

How long will Your wailing servant

Languish in his sorrow?


*********


By Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad(as) of Qadian (March 1906).