Friday, April 1, 2016

Remembering Asad Shah Sahib

MURDER OF ASAD SHAH SAHIB IN SCOTLAND

On Thursday 24 March 2016, the 40 years old Ahmadi Muslim Asad Shah, originally from Pakistan, from the town of Rabwah and who lived in Glasgow, Scotland, was murdered in the evening about nine o’clock, local time. He was found with a knife in the head outside his newsagent and convenience store/ shop. For reasons beyond the perception and understanding of the authorities, he was brutally stabbed (nearly 30 knife wounds) and had his head stabbed and trampled upon by an individual who attacked him. One of his brothers, who worked nearby, alerted by the noise outside rushed to stop the attacker but in vain. He was also injured while trying to save his brother. Asad Shah Sahib was taken to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.

The case is still ongoing and the alleged murderer, a Muslim, who later was identified as Tanveer Ahmad, 32 years old is believed to have travelled from Bradford (in northern England) to Glasgow for the only purpose to kill Asad Shah Sahib and was arrested by the Scottish authorities. He will go on trial this 5th of April.

Few years ago, Asad Shah Sahib was regularly in contact with me. He sent me his writings and revelations by mail and on top of that, we had two or three telephone conversations for more than an hour and we were also in regular contact via Internet (electronic mail), and he was even sorry that he had not met me during my visit to the United Kingdom in 2014, and he told me that had he known, he would have come to meet me, and he wanted to work with me. In that year, he told me that Allah (swt) had also raised him as His chosen servant with several titles and he was ready to join me (and my Jamaat) so that we work together for this noble work. That was his last conversation with me. After that, I too have been busy, but we stayed in touch by email.

The Jamaat Ul Sahih Al Islam and I, we condemn this atrocious act and we extend our heartfelt condolences to his family. Innal-lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Rajii-uun (To Allah we belong and to Him we shall (all) return). May Allah always keep him under His shadow and forgive him and grant patience to his family in this terrible moment and generously reward them in these (hard) times. Ameen.

---Extracts from the Friday Sermon of 01 April 2016 ~(22 Jamad’ul Aakhir 1437 Hijri) delivered by Khalifatullah Hadhrat Munir Ahmad Azim Saheb (atba) of Mauritius.