Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Khalifatullah: Vicegerent of Allah on Earth

“Innii jaa-ilun fil arzi Khalifah” 


I am going to place My Vicegerent (Caliph) in the earth. (2:31).

Fa-immaa ya-ti-yan-nakum-minnii hudan faman tabi-a hudaa-ya falaa khawfun alayhim wa laa hum yah-zanuun. 

Surely there will come to you guidance from Me, then whoever follows My guidance, no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve. (2: 39).

Reflecting on the aforesaid verses of the Holy Qur’an, Hadhrat Munir Ahmad Azim Sahib, the Khalifatullah of the Era, stated: 

Once man has reached a certain degree of mental maturity, God has sent prophets to guide him. The advent of these prophets is a great manifestation of God’s grace and a source of His many blessings. When these prophets die, Allah favours the world by giving it another manifestation of His grace – blessing its people by sending Mujaddids, Reformers, and Revivalists, Messiahs or even Caliphs of Allah (Khalifatullah).

The Caliph of Allah (Khalifatullah) as Allah Himself has made clear Innii jaa ilun fil-Arzi Khalifah, i.e., Allah Himself, the Most High will place His Khalifah on Earth, and it is not by the vote of men that this Khalifah will be elected. This is by no means the same as the election of a minister or an MP. A Khalifatullah is unique. Why? Because he is not elected by the hand of men, but rather, he is established by God and chosen by Him, Himself. This means that the Khalifatullah is not only intellectually and spiritually speaking, the Chosen One of Allah, but he also commands by his status the highest moral quality. It is for these reasons that a Khalifatullah becomes for the Ummah of Hazrat Muhammad (peace be upon him) a wealth of blessings.



This divine manifestation has been amply demonstrated by God, with the arrival of a Khalifatullah where there is a spiritual revolution, especially when Islam (the universal religion) is now in a painful and difficult situation. Problems did not wait to come to the surface. When we see many so-called Muslims, and great defenders of Islam trampling the teachings of Islam, we realize that they are Muslims in name only”.

The so-called Ahmadis can say that I am not an Ahmadi. They believed that I was once an Ahmadi, but they ceased to believe that now, only because I said, and am still saying: “I am getting revelation from Allah and I am the Khalifatullah.” They refuse my claim because according to them, there is an existing Khalifa. They have said that: “How is it possible that there is a Khalifa and you (Munir) says that Allah has chosen you as Khalifatullah. How is that possible?”

The answers are very easy. Read the Holy Qur’an and you will find the answer. Study the sayings of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), and you will obtain your answers. Study also the teachings of the one (Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad), in whom both you and I believe and who is the founder of Jamaat Ahmadiyya, and you will get your answers.

According to all of you in the Ahmadiyya Community, you believe that I renounced my faith in the Promised Messiah (on him be peace). Listen to my reply carefully and do not listen to those foolish people who try to judge the faith of others.

You cut open my heart and look into it, or make others look into it, is beyond human power. I rely on oaths; I see no oath equal to: ‘By Allah, the Great, neither you nor anyone else will accompany me after my death, except my faith and deeds. As this matter will be presented before Allah the Almighty, I swear by Allah, the Great, by Whose leave heaven and earth exist, I believe in Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (on him be peace) to be the Promised Messiah and Mujaddid of his time, I believe him to be righteous, I believe him to be a slave of Muhammad (peace be upon him), Messenger of Allah and a sincere servant of his Shariah. I believe that he is the one who gives news, having received knowledge beforehand from Allah the Almighty, not one who brings a Shariah. This is my belief, and if anyone rejects this, refuses to accept it, or calls me not Ahmadi Muslim, his affair is with God.”

I end (this sermon) with these verses: 

“Wa man-azlamu mim manif taraa ‘alal laahi kaziban aw kazzaba bi Aayaatih? Innahuu laa yufli-huzzaalimuun.” 

And who is more unjust than he who forges a lie against Allah or gives the lie to His messages? Surely the wrongdoers will not be successful. (6:22)

After ending this sermon, Allah gave me the following revelation: 

Atii-‘ullaaha wa ‘atii’ur Rasuula wahzaruu: fa’intawallay’tum fa’lamuuu ‘annamaa ‘alaa Rasuulinal balaagul mubiin.

Obey Allah and obey the Messenger and be cautious. But if you turn back then know that the duty of Our Messenger is only a clear deliverance of the message.

-Extracts from the Friday Sermon of May 22, 2009.